Marriage in Sweden
Since 2009 Sweden has a sex neutral marital relationship legislation, whichimplies that very same sexual pairs may receive married under the same conditions as opposite sex couples. As an overseas citizen without post degree residency in Sweden you can, in some cases, likewise acquire wed in Sweden.
Requirements as well as treatments when getting married
You don’ t need to live( have post degree residency) in Sweden or even have aswedish womencitizenship to obtain married in Sweden. If neither of the two have Swedishcitizenship or post degree residency in Sweden, they require possess residency (or one possess citizenship and also the other one have post degree residency) in a country where exact same sexual activity relationship or marital relationship is actually lawful.
Inquiry right into restraints to relationship
Before a couple can easily wed, the SwedishTax Obligation Firm (Skatteverket) must conduct a concern in to obstacles of relationship (hindersprövning). The couple should file a written request to the SwedishIncome Tax Agency. Application, however only in Swedish, can be found at the Firm’ s website.
According to Swedishlaw, the adhering to are thought about obstacles to marital relationship:
- being under the age of 18 (the Area Administrative Panel (Länsstyrelsen) can approve an exemption coming from this rule)
- being wedded or signed up as partner to an individual aside from the one you will marry
- being closely related to the person you’ re visiting marry; a linear direct ascendant or even descendant or a complete sibling. Taken on siblings are actually thought about full brother or sisters due to the legislation, but may get approval to marry coming from the Area Administrative Panel, to wed.
When the SwedishTax obligation Company has actually made the questions you receive a certification revealing that the query is finished as well as, if all goes well, a marriage certification. The certificate stands for four months coming from the time of qualification. The certifications are to be offered to the main conducting the marriage ceremony.
Foreigners certainly not staying in Sweden
If the bride and groom are immigrants not residing in Sweden, they might merely obtain wed if eachof them have a legal right to get married to or even register a partnership depending on to the regulation of the state were they have residency or citizenship. It’ s sufficient if eachof them have post degree residency, or even one of all of them has citizenship and also the various other one has residency, in a country were actually the bride and groom have a legal right to marry or sign up a collaboration.
If one of the all of them is a gorgeous swedish girls citizen or even have post degree residency in Sweden, they may wed in Sweden even if the additional husband or wife has residency or even citizenship in a nation were it’ s unlawful for same-sex married couples to acquire married/register a partnership.
The person without a formal connection to Sweden should (about the article of the created ask for an inquiry in to restraints of relationship) make an individual see to a Tax obligation Organization workplace to deliver info concerning birthplace, country of origin, citizenship, sex, marital standing and also, if needed, provide a deed of splitting up or a fatality certificate of a former partner.
In cases where none of the prospective spouses have an official link, eachof them should submit either:
- a marriage license released througha seasoned authorization in their condition of citizenship or post degree residency, or even
- a certification showing the relevant regulations of legislation in eachof their conditions of citizenship or residency as well as a certification showing their marriage status. The certificates are only legitimate when released by a competent authorization in the state to whichthey apply, or even througha qualified birthplace authorization in Sweden (like a consulate or even other equal authorization).
None of the certificates may be mucholder than 4 months.